Sunday 26 November 2017

My Wall

This is my wall.
Its blank at the moment,
Blank and empty.
Though I suppose they are the same thing.
I have been sat in front of it for a while,
Waiting for it to fill up
With colour and lights and pictures
Of my life.
It is my wall, after all.
But it’s blank.
And I’m still waiting.
Should I be worried
For my wall?
This is my wall.
It’s a bit brighter now,
I got off my butt and
Found some cans of paint in the corner
So now my wall is green like the forest,
With rivers of blue.
Complete with a crescent moon
And a navy sky.
Yep, that’s my wall.
This is my wall.
I have strung up fairy lights
Across the sky.
They look like stars.
So now my wall is a little brighter,
And I’m glad,
Cos it’s my wall.
This is my wall.
I’ve put up some pictures:
Of the Boy who Lived telling me
“Don’t let the muggles get you down.”
Of the Son of Poseidon teaching me
“With great power comes great need to take a nap.”
Of the Girl on Fire warning me
“If we burn, you burn with us.”
Little things to make me smile
When I look at my wall.
This is my wall.
I’ve covered it with pictures
Of my family,
Of friend both new and old.
Of places I have been and want to go,
Of animals I think are cute,
Of pictures that mean me,
Pictures to fill up my wall.

This is my wall,
What’s yours?

By R.B.